Sunday, January 15, 2012

Story I want to share.

So I was heading out of town today with my mother, and traveling to a place were we usually shop every once in awhile. We were coming up on something that always caught my attention. It was a Gorilla statue on top a metal post and a sign for a couple of places for tires and what not right next to it. The gorilla has been up there for years, I see it every time I go down the highway we always take. Unfortunately it was taken down when we went through today. I was really sadden because it had a special place in my mind. Why? Well I will answer that with a very short story.


When I was old enough to remember I was always fascinated with dinosaurs, robots, and mostly science fiction things. When we traveled one day I saw it (the statue) and it caught my eye, I ask my mom what it was. She said it was King Kong. I was never heard of King Kong until that day. I ask mom if she would get me a King Kong, as a little kid I was just a boy with a vivid imagination. So mom decides to rent me King Kong (1976 version), seeing the case made me wonder more and more about what I was about to see. That night I was watching it and of course the talking parts bored me as a kid, but when the big reveal of King Kong was shown I was terrified but excited at the same time. It was like nothing I ever seen before. I'd relished every moment of watching the movie and I think I was going to ruin the tape. Every time I went by the building I would always get excited of seeing and remembering how Kong climb the World Trade Center. Then it came a step up to seeing Godzilla movies and some other one I don't remember much of.
The Cover that sparked it all. 


If it was not for that Gorilla I would never got into the whole giant monster (kaiju) films. I really think those type of films sparked the imagination that I use to this day.  Seeing the gorilla was gone made me really sad but at the same time it left me with great memories to think about. I tried to find pictures to show but it rather to find it. I hope someday I come back through it will return. I only hope, thanks for listening to my bizarre story. Remember the military can never stop a giant monster attack.

No comments:

Post a Comment